- Position: Buyer
- Function: Purchasing
- Duration: Full-time
BTNX Inc. (BTNX) is a biotechnology company and a world leader in rapid, point-of-care diagnostics. We specialize in innovation, research, development and manufacturing of advanced in-vitro diagnostic (IVD) tests for laboratories, clinics, hospitals and physician offices. Headquartered in Markham, ON, BTNX’s core business operations are within Canada & USA, with international sales spanning dozens of countries around the globe.
The Buyer position posted is an all-encompassing role which will oversee the company’s total purchasing and inventory management. This position requires a very organized individual with supply chain and/or purchasing experience who is able to step in to a growing business and take ownership over managing our inbound supply chain and inventory. This role will be working directly with our warehouse, technical operations and senior management. The successful candidate is one who is resourceful, naturally inquisitive, and looking to fill a vital role in an entrepreneurial environment. The role uses an in-house ERP system as well as QuickBooks Desktop. Experience working with QuickBooks and/or other ERP systems is an asset and should be mentioned in your application.
- Supply Chain / Purchasing experience
- Strong communication skills
- Strong computer knowledge
- High attention to detail
- Proficient systematic and organizational skills
- Ability to project manage, coordinate teams of people and drive results
- Ensuring optimal inventory flow by tracking PO issuance, outgoing product shipments, and managing supplier lead times
- Complete oversight of incoming products, ensuring steady flow of inbound shipments without proper import documentation, product labelling, etc.
- Verification and inspection of products upon arrival
- Coordination with warehouse and technical teams to ensure inventory capacity is considered in all ordering activity
- Proposing to management areas for improvement and savings
- Driving process and other improvements through leading cross-functional projects requiring attention from other departments
Application and Details
Do you have what it takes? Tell us why you are awesome and why you want to work for BTNX Inc. by submitting your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We can’t wait to hear from you!